About Thomas E Trumble, MD
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1988 Recertified, Current
- Certificate of Added Qualification, 1989 Recertified, 1996
- California State University , Sacramento, CA B.A. 1975
- Yale University School of Medicine , New Haven, CT M.D. 1979
- Yale New Haven Hospital , New Haven, CT 1979-1980
- Orthopaedics, Yale New Haven Hospital , New Haven, CT 1980-1984
- American, British and Canadian Traveling Fellowship sponsored jointly by the , American, Canadian and British Orthopedic Assoc. 1993
- Hand Fellowship, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital , Boston, MA 1985
- Microsurgical Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center , Durham, NC 1984
- National Student Science Fellowship , Corvallis, Oregon 1972
- Children's Medical Center | Seattle, WA
- Harborview Medical Center | Seattle, WA
- Overlake Medical Center | Bellevue, WA
- University of Washington Medical Center | Seattle, WA
- Eastside Specialty Center | Bellevue, WA
- University of Washington School of Medicine | Seattle, WA
Society membershipsNational Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- Academic Orthopaedic Society
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Peripheral Nerve Research Society
- Habilis Society
- Society for Neuroscience
- Sunderland Society
- American British/Canadian Traveling Fellows Society
American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
Americana Research Society
Yale Orthopaedic Association
Massachusetts General Hand club
California Medical Association
Duke University Hand Club
Professional Achievements, Awards, and Interests
American, British, Canadian Traveling Fellow, 1993
Yale Orthopaedic Teaching Award, 1989
National Student Science Fellowship, 1972
Valedictorian, California State University, Sacramento, 1975
Faculty Member and Speaker: The Philadelphia Hand Rehabilitation Foundation for Surgeons and Hand Therapists, Philadelphia, Pennslyvania, March 20-22, 2004.
Visiting Professor and Guest Speaker: San Francisco Hand Club, San Francisco, California, 2002.
Visiting Professor and Speaker: Johns Hopkins Resident Graduation: Baltimore, Maryland, 2003.
Visiting Professor and Speaker: The Japanese Society for Surgery of the Hand, Nakoya, Japan, April 17-21, 2003.
Visiting Professor and Lecturer: University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona , 2002.
Visiting Professor and Speaker: "Instructional Course in Hand Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons: British Society for Surgery of the Hand, Manchester, England, 2003.
Current and Recent Research Awards
Integra NeuroSciences Grant: "Comparison of Bioabsorable Tubes for Repair of Nerve Injury," Plainsboro, New Jersey. 2003.
The Boeing Corporation, Occupational Health Services Study: "Randomized Clinical Trial of Open versus Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release and Hand Therapy Comparing Patient Satisfaction, Functional Outcome and Cost Effectiveness," 1999-2019,
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, Research Grant: Carpal Tunnel Study: "Randomized Multicenter Clinical Trial of Open Versus Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release," University of California, San Francisco. l999,
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, Grant: "Randomized Multicenter Clinical Trial - Rehabilitation of Flexor Tendon Injuries," 1998.
American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Outcome Study Grant: "Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial of Hand Therapy Following Carpal Tunnel Surgery," 1999.
Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Grant: "Toward Clinical Application of the Intact Nerve Bridge Technique: Longer Term Study in a Rabbit Model," 2001
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
The Journal of Hand Surgery, Associate Editor
Journal of Hand Surgery, Associate Editor
Journal of the American Association Orthopaedic Surgeons,
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Reviewer
Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, Reviewer
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons,, On-line Editor
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons,
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Editor for Hand Surgery Knowledge Update III, 2004. A Hand Surgery
Review for Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeons
Editor for Core Knowledge In Orthopaedics: Hand, Elbow, and Shoulder