About Lance B Barlas, MD
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1986 Recertified, 1996, 2006
- U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, CA BS, Chemistry 1970-1974
- UCLA, Los Angeles, CA MD, Medicine 1974-1978
- U.C. Davis, Sacramento, CA General Surgery 1978-1980
- San Francisco Orthopedic Training Program, San Francisco, CA Orthopedic Surgery 1980-1984
- Petaluma Valley Hospital | 400 North McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA
Society membershipsState Society Memberships
State Medical Society
- California Medical Association
State Orthopaedic Societies
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Sonoma County Medical Association
Named a "Top Doc" in 2009 and 2011 (in top 10% in nation-wide patient-satisfaction surveys).
Other staff in my practice
Carol Virgin is my office manager. She is the smiling face you will see behind the front desk as soon as you come in. She has been with me for over 25 years, and as you will see, she is indispensible. She is responsible for making sure that everything in the office runs smoothly.
Joyce Gilardi is also often at the front desk. She assists Carol with scheduling and other administrative tasks. You will often hear her voice on the phone.
Vicki Cerino, Shiela Moore, and Robin Fechter share the position of x-ray technicial. These versitle ladies actually do much more than take x-rays, including taking out sutures, applying casts and braces, and many other front and back office tasks.
Lil and Joyce Miller, mother and daughter, do the bookkeeping. Lil was part of the practice when I arrived in 1984. She has tried to retire on a couple of occassions but can't seem to bear being away. Joyce often fills in at the front desk when Carol is away.
Jan Marlow R.N. is a licensed surgical first assistant who has been skillfully assisting me with virtually all surgeries for the last 15 years. You won't see her in the office, but she will play an important role should you require a surgical procedure.