About R. Scott Oliver M.D.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1984
- Hope College, Holland Michigan AB, Chemistry 1972
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Michigan MD 1976
- Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts Orthopedic Surgery 1979-1982
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina Surgery 1976-1978
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston Massachusetts Chief Resident - Orthopedic Surgery 1982
- Beth Israel Deaconess-Plymouth Hospital | Plymouth MA
- New England Baptist Hospital | Boston MA
Society membershipsNational Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
State Medical Society
- Massachusetts Medical Society
State Orthopaedic Societies
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty
- Computer Assisted Orthopedic Society
- Board of Councilors, representing Massachusetts, for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
Podium Speaker: ---International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty: Belgium 2011 ---Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery: London 2011 ---International Arthroplasty Seminar: Egypt 2011 Reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty
Father of Five: Ryan, Robert, William, James and Lauren. Married: Ann Marie.
My practice is in the same community where my family and I live. I've known some of my patients for years before they visited my office.
I have coached youth sports and participated as a Scout Leader for many years, and my practice has provided volunteer medical services. These activities introduced us to many local families and young athletes in the community - this in turn allowed me to gain a better understanding of our community's medical needs.
President, Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association 2002-2003
Board of Directors, Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association 1995-present
President, Jordan Hospital Medical-Dental Staff 1993-1995
Executive Board, Arthritis Foundation of Massachusetts 2002-2013
Medical Chairman Annual Arthritis Walk Plymouth 2003-2009
Orthopedic Overseas 2004-present Bhutan 2004 South Africa 2007 China 2016 Sport Medicine Columnist 1986-2004
AAOS Board of Councilors representing Massachusetts 2007-2014.
Member, Holy Family Church, Duxbury MA
Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 62, Boy Scouts of America, Duxbury 2001-2013
Troop Committee Chair, Troop 62, Boys Scouts of America, Duxbury 2011-2013
Executive Board, Old Colony Council, Boy Scouts of America 2005-2013
Volunteer Physician: National Boy Scout Jamboree: Fort A P Hill, Virginia: 2005
Volunteer Orthopedic Surgeon: Orthopedic Overseas: Bhutan 2004, South Africa 2007.
Leader: High Adventure Boy Scout Ranch, Double HH Ranch, New Mexico, 2006
Participant: High Adventure Boy Scout Ranch, Philmont, New Mexico, 2004
Leader: High Adventure Boy Scout Ranch, Philmont, New Mexico for Troop 62 Duxbury, 2009
Scoutmaster, National Boy Scout Jamboree, Fort A P Hill, Virginia, 2010
Member AMC Four Thousand Footer Club: White Mountains of New Hampshire: 48 of 48 Four Thousand Footers Climbed 2000-2014
Four sons: Four BSA Eagle Scouts
Patients' Choice Award 2011 2012: Given to top physicians after reviews by 200,000 patients
Other staff in my practice
Joseph Zabilski MD;
Walter Stanwood MD;
Eric Rightmire MD;
Julia Kenniston MD;
Steven Leckie MD
Brett Teran DO
Registered Physical Therapists
Physical Therapy Assistants
Occupational Therapists/Certified Hand Therapists
This site has been viewed 22,507 times.